Social engagement measures the depth of community interaction across social posts. It's a very important metric to look at when trying to determine how much participation the community has around a particular coin. All social engagement is calculated per coin across multiple social sources and excludes spam.
There are six elements that factor into how social engagement is calculated:
- Favorites & Likes - The number of Likes on an individual social post that contains a relevant term. Likes must come from individual user accounts.
- Comments & Replies - The number of comments from separate social accounts within a post that contains a relevant term.
- Retweets, Quotes & Shares - Sharing of unique social posts that contain relevant terms.
- Followers - The number of followers on the post that contains relevant terms from which engagement is occurring.
- Shared URLs - Every time the an identified relevant URL is shared within relevant social posts that contain relevant terms.
- Karma - Reddit Karma score on individual posts.